Search My Creative Way

How to make a Candy Bouquet in a wine glass

Wine Glass Candy Bouquet


I've showed you how to make a Candy Bouquet in a party cup, but several of you have asked how I made the Margarita Jolly Rancher Bouquet. I've made so many candy bouquets out of several different containers.

 I've made Candy Bouquets out of soup cans, margarita glasses, party cups, beer mugs, Coke Can, metal pails, boxes, sundae cups, coca-cola glasses,  Cheerleader Megaphone, and now a wine glass. I wish I had a picture of the beer mugs - so cute and a great gift for father's day. Maybe, I'll make another one soon.

This tutorial is very similar to the how to make a candy bouquet tutorial, but it is a little different.


Supplies you will need....


  1. Wine Glass or Margarita Glass - I used a wine glass because I couldn't find a margarita glass at the dollar store this time around.
  2. Styrofoam Ball- Pick a size that fits your glass. My ball is 3"
  3. Jolly Rancher Candy - I bought a large bag. You will have left over candy. You can use a different candy if you want.
  4. Glue Gun - Not pictured but I use a mini low heat glue gun.
  5. Glue Sticks - Not pictured but they fit my glue gun.
  6. Knife - to cut your styrofoam ball.


DIY Steps...

Place your styrofoam ball inside your glass and cut off the bottom half. You only want 1/4 of an inch of styrofoam ball inside your glass.

I only had to cut off 1/4 of my ball. Place your cut ball aside.


 Fill your glass with candy leaving 1/4 of an inch empty at the top.




 Place hot glue around the rim of your glass. Do this step and the next step fast so your hot glue does not cool down.


 Place your pre-cut Styrofoam ball inside your glass and firmly press.


 Hot glue your candy on the styrofoam ball starting from the bottom. Do this one row at a time, working your way to the top.




 Once you get your ball covered with candy you are finished, or you can add some curly string or a bow.



 Simple to make, fun to create, and a great gift to give.

I would love to see how yours turns out :)

Stay Connected: MCW FACEBOOK * MCW PINTEREST * MCW TWITTER

Linked To:
Tip Junkie

7 comments:

  1. How hard is it to get the styro ball out of the glass after it has been hot glued? My mom would love this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very easy. Just grab the whole ball (Candy and all if you want) and it just snaps off with a tug. The glue around the rim just peels right off. I actually have already take this apart :)

    Raychel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there!

    I was reading through some of your blog posts on this site and I believe this web site is real informative ! Keep posting .
    Styrofoam Sheets

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it easy to pull off candy after its been glued on? I have bought all the supplied am going to try this :) hope mine turns out like yours!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I have a question my church does a Mothers Day breakfast every year for the Mother's & this year I'm in charge of decorations & I would love to make a tootsie roll one for the centerpiece for each table, I wanted to know if that would be a good idea, & I know we have nice glass vases that I could use & I wanted to know would I have to glue the foam ball because I wouldn't want to mess up the churches glasses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have made this type of arrangement before using tootsie rolls and a sundae glass. Instead of gluing the candy onto the styrofoam ball I attached the candy using sewing pins. Much easier and less messy. You could also tape the styrofoam ball to the wine glass instead of using glue. Just be sure the tape is strong enough to hold everything in place. Good luck!

      Delete
  6. I enjoyed reading it. I need to read more on this topic...I admiring time and effort you put in your blog, because it is obviously one great place where I can find lot of useful info..

    ReplyDelete

Have a comment? Please share!